Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, July 1, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Welcome

I'm linking up with Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday. Write for five minutes, unedited, for the pleasure of it. Today's prompt; Welcome.

Go


Raw, frantic cry rips through my heart. Each step of this scorching journey searing my feet. Traveling home through this worlds jagged edges is perilous. My bleeding heart leads me onward, gasping with each effort. Some days Home seems so far away, how many more scars will I wear upon my heart.

Breaking open the pages of Psalms like bread, cool water flows out to sooth my parched mind. His wounds have made me well so that I may come, up past the foot of the cross, through the inner sanctuary, past the tribe of Judah, all the way to the mercy seat. I touch the hem of his robe. Made well as I come. In this tent of a body on earth he heals my heart but I wait with all of creation for the final healing where "the children of God will be revealed." One day he will welcome me saying, you have come well. The final welcome.

Stop

You can visit Five Minute Friday here thegypsymama.com. Unfortunately if I link up it messes up the format of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!