Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, July 22, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Full

I love linking up with Gypsy Mama on Fridays. We write for 5 minutes flat, unedited, for pure enjoyment. Link up and share encouragement. This week's prompt: Full.

Go:

I was born hungry. Deep cavernous soul, longing to be filled. Conversations, purchases, experiences. Looking for filling. Unsatisfied. I come.

Breaking open cover, stroking pages, words spill. The light of men shines beacon like on my soul. Forgiveness drips down the walls of my heart. Mercy running wild. Words flowing from Father's heart, his gift to man. My soul begins to fill. Hunger satisfied, thirst slaked. Deep exhale shudders through my frame. A banquet for a pauper, full.

Words of life tucked into DNA. A man. The Son, radiance of Father's glory. Full of truth and grace, come to satisfy with very presence.
Stop.

It's never enough, those five minutes. I could write for an hour on my poverty and His great heart's corresponding fullness, poured out over me!

Give it a try, visit Gypsy Mama and jump in. Linking up disrupts the format of my blog, you can visit her here: http://thegypsymama.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!