Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday ~ Heroes in the land

I said to the Lord, “You are my Master!
Every good thing I have comes from you.”
The godly people in the land 
are my true heroes!
 I take pleasure in them!
Psalm 16:2-3
My life is transitory and uncertain, planted in the waiting. But one thing I know, everything good I do have comes from the Master. What a comfort. His faithfulness, an eternal home, Jesus righteousness, his word, his power and nature, so much goodness all from him.

I love the next verses as well. How often do we idolize selfish, vain, greedy people. We desire their success and beauty but that's not what the psalmist loves. I pray that my true heroes will be people of holiness, that I take delight in lives that bless with righteousness and love. True heroes are a gift of goodness from a generous Master, I delight in such goodness.

Linking up on Internet Cafe for Word Filled Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!