Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

I continue my count to 1,000 gifts this week. On Saturday I was thankful to have spent the day with my little girl sharing in the enjoyment of beauty. It was a treasure to explore what she liked and found interesting, as well as share with her what touches my heart. Her explanation and description of what she was seeing in a painting or sculpture was delightful. This week my list of gifts is all about beauty.

51. Free art to be valued and enjoyed, enriching minds and hearts.
52. Bonding with and learning more about my daughter through the experience of art.
Maggie on the steps of the Toledo Museum of Art
53. Treasuring the creativity of God displayed through masterful artist.
Water Lilies by Monet
 54. Seeing light and color from a fresh perspective.
Glass wall in the Glass Pavilion of the museum
55. Breathing out the stress of life and inhaling beauty, soothing my soul.
Glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly

 56. Loosing track of time in wonder.


Ophelia by Arthur Hughes

 57. Seeing the finger prints of God through out the history of man, remembering he put beauty into our hearts.
58. Enjoying diversity, every beholder's eye loving a different beauty.

Glass blowing demonstration
59. An unexpected God lesson. The crafting of glass through flame reminding me of my own expert Craftsman's shaping of my heart.
60. Beauty, echo of God's prismatic heart, delighting and dazzling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!