Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Birth


I don't believe my birthday is all about me, any more than anything else in my life is about me. The very act of my birth is a testimony to God's graciousness and, just like everything else in creation, is for his glory. It's also not just about me because I believe everything in life involves relationship. While my birthday was the beginning of my journey it was also the continuation of someone elses. Now that I am a mom I understand the power of finding yourself connected, as a link, to previous and future generations. I understand the transformation a woman goes through emotionally, spiritually and physically as she gives birth to her own motherhood with the birth of her child. I don't remember my birth, but someone else remembers every moment of it. I may not remember the hour of my birth but I do remember who greeted me as I took my first breath in that hour. The sound of her voice is a sound I cherish hearing above almost any other. And while June 28 holds significance for me as the day I was born, I know the day stands out in the mind of another as one of the most important of her life. Thank you for being there from the beginning Mamma!

Psalm 31:29-31
"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!