Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Potato Soup

I made a delicious potato soup recently and thought I'd share the recipe. It perfect for crisp fall days.Herbed Potato Soup

Ingredients:
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups of water
1 large onion (I used half)
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups milk

Directions:
Place potatoes and water in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until tender. Meanwhile, in a large pot, saute onion in the butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Gradually add milk while stirring. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add potatoes with cooking liquid; heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!