Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, September 14, 2009

How glorious is Your love!



This song moved me so much when I heard it today. "You bought our freedom on the cross"! How can I not dance a victory dance. What's my freedom for though? I don't want it, I give it back to you Jesus, I'd rather be your slave. And yet, who knew that bondage to Jesus is infinite freedom and more it's glory, power, love, a height I could never reach on my own if I tried for eternity. "How glorious is your love, if I could sing forever it's not enough to say... how glorious." "Your grace has broken every chain, my sins are gone, my debts been paid" What a song! I could weep. Who am I? Nothing, absolutely nothing, to deserve such notice... and yet those precious eyes. Crinkled at the corner with joy, full of deep mysteries I will never know, brimming with compassion, those eyes turned their gaze on me, ahhh.

When those eyes look into yours and he asks any request of you, could you deny him? I'm finding I can't. I don't want to, I'm so desperately in love. I'm so poor I have nothing to lay at his feet, except my trembling, flinching will. I'm inconstant, childish, vain. I know I disappoint him every day. But today I want with all my heart not to. I want those precious, penetrating eyes to look deeply into mine and see the eyes of a child, trusting, unquestioning, adoring.

1 comment:

I love hearing you sweet comments!