Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful

I just read a post from my Mom expressing her thankfulness on our family blog and I felt inspired to do likewise. This season of my life hasn't always been what I've expected and at times I've felt overwhelmed and very stretched. However, as I look over the contours of my life I see a pattern of blessing. The more time I spend in God's word the more I am amazed at the richness of the gifts he has bestowed on me. I know the Father's heart delights in generously heaping blessings upon his children. I can only imagine he enjoys it all the more when those gifts are given to grateful recipients, just as I am touched when my son expresses appreciation to me. I am most of all thankful for my eternal destiny, the promise of enjoying the One who loves me most forever. If he gave me nothing else for the rest of my life I would already have enough.

Yet he does continue to shower me with good gifts. Some of the things I'm most thankful for in my life are friends, old and new; my cozy little apartment; my precious children; pictures that capture special moments; a pot of tea and cookies; my red dishes and tea set; Christmas; warm fuzzy slippers; good health and good health care; America; my southern roots; good books; The Book; a godly heritage; technology that keeps me in touch with the ones I love; my spiritual gifts; a faithful, generous, godly husband; sunny days; Josh Groban's music; old movies; pineapple; flowers; electricity and plumbing; quiet moments; the senses through which we enjoy our world; Yellowstone; my bible study group; my teen girls life group; C.S. Lewis' writing; Spring time; memories; watching my son grow in his knowledge and love for Jesus. Those are just a few of the things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving season, the list could go on and I know the blessings will just continue to grow.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I forgot tea on my list!! How could I forget tea?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing you sweet comments!