Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, January 11, 2013

Embracing New Opportunities

Mercy’s Refuge
I'm excited to announce the launching of a dream, Mercy's Refuge! A movement dedicated to seeing people with God's eyes of mercy and partnering with him to offer practical love. Many of you have followed the journey God has taken me on, into his heart of love for the weak and orphaned, all the way around the world to Serbia. I am so thankful for your companionship on that journey, your prayers and gifts have meant a great deal! God's not finished with me yet and I'm still on the journey deeper into his heart of mercy for the Serbian people, and people with disability. But the journey has grown to include others and taken on a life of it's own. So I will be blogging about that journey at Mercy's Refuge blog. I would love for you to visit and see what God is doing!

My goal now for this site is to focus again on mentoring, the sisterhood of Christian women, and our journey home. I'm sure Serbia will come up again, it's a huge part of my life, but in this setting I intend for it to play a supporting role and not take center stage.

One of the reasons for this is because I've recently been asked to join a team of bloggers in an exciting new venture! Allied Women is a site for women to come together in faith, community, and purpose. In the next few weeks they will be offering some exciting tools for women who desire to find purpose and be supported in their walk of faith. I'm honored that they've asked me to be a part of their vision by hosting a forum and classes on mentoring!

I hope you will continue to journey with me as God works out his amazing grace in my life and opens new opportunities to follow him. Stay tuned to learn more about the launching of Allied Women's Communities and visit Mercy's Refuge to see how God continues to lead me to love Serbia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!