Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, August 3, 2012

Five Minute Friday ~ Here

I woke up to Lisa-Jo's Five Minute Friday invitation to write. Just what I needed. So I'm joining in to write on; Here.


Start


Here. Jehovah Shammah. The Lord is Here. He is here, with us, now. With me. Whether I deserve it or not. And I don't. He's here anyway. In spite of all that I am or have done, he's here. With mercies that are fresh and new, he's here bearing gifts.


The Lord is in the here and now of orphans crying and droughts crippling and slaves groaning and wedding celebrations and art created and servants bending gently. 


Here with us all, not put off by messy, entering in. Here in our words and our hearts and our lives. Here far and wide with us all. The question is do we recognize his presence and welcome it. Do I? Mercy greets me every morning, a fresh kiss of kindness, willing to be embraced. Life is in returning that embrace.


Joy blooms in the welcoming of Jehovah Shammah, the Lord is Here. 


Stop


I hope the reminder of Jesus of presence, an offering for every moment, refreshes your heart as much as it does mine!


The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
    His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
    therefore, I will hope in him!” Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!