Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, February 3, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Real

Lisa-Jo, aka The Gypsy Mama, has invited us to play with words on Fridays for just five minutes. I enjoy the game and hope you'll join in too. Today we're writing about; Real.

Go:

More often than not, in this world, the fog covers the landscape, softening hard edges, obscuring lines. Spiderweb tangle of truth mixed with lie, and we find ourselves stuck. Masks obscure faces and the searching out and knowing is a crazy dance.

Because someone wise once said this is the shadowlands we're living in. And it's a good life for people half real. Spirit clears cobwebs from the mind, and Living Word illuminates the path. But the path still runs through shifting shadows of perception.

I've heard a story about a day when the princess wakes up from her dreaming though. And I believe that story, staked all on it. All will be made real then. Life lived out in broad daylight, face to face. No more dreaming, or foggy wondering. Real made known, even as we are known now.

Stop.

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." Colossians 3:2-4

Do you long for that day? I do! What brings you hope as you wait for that real day to dawn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!