Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, January 20, 2012

Beauty Through my Eyes: Hope by Emily Dickinson

 "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Making time for beauty makes us better; whether it's observing the beauty of creation, being moved by great music, seeing the world through poetry or being transported by a painting. There is joy to be found in the organic rhythm of beauty all around us. The more we open ourselves to appreciating beauty the more we will see it. So, let me share with you what I find beautiful, I hope it will touch and enrich your heart.

Hope
Emily Dickinson

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune - without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
What a gift hope is to our hearts. Many dark nights have been navigated by it's tender song. I trust wherever life finds you, hope, anchored in the goodness of Christ, buoys you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!