Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Love's heart

Where am I going? What is this journey I'm on? This path marked with challenges, on the way to Love's home, is an unexpected grace. The truth I've learned before has become a link in a chain, leading to what's to come. Grace becomes stale and doesn't store well. It's best gathered fresh.

In the past my blood raced fast in passion for the sisterhood. Finding my place in the circle of women, loving and being loved. And while the truth of life lived together and embracing the sisterhood so that we all "grow up in Christ"(Ephesians 4) hasn't changed, my passion is swirling and shifting and taking on a new form. I'm straining my ear to hear the variation of notes in the tune.

I'm finding the truths of the last season are becoming stones in the altar of worship and sacrifice that God is fashioning in my life. This season will have new stones, new truth, new grace. Lately Jesus is stirring my heart in compassion for some of the most broken and disregarded of the world.

I recently found two beautiful blogs by women weaving stories that move me. First Stumbo Family Story by Ellen Stumbo and The Blessing of Verity by Susanna Musser. I encourage you to visit and be humbled, make sure tissues are nearby!

And I see the link that is forming between sisterhood and compassion, community and action. I was privileged to write a post about Jennifer, my dear friend with Down Syndrome, a few months ago. The novel I'm writing weaves the love of sisters and the journey of a mother with a Down Syndrome child together in a story of sweet grace. The blogs I mentioned above are written by mothers caring for biological children with Down Syndrome and adopted children with special needs. Coincidence? Never.

I boldly asked God not long ago to give me eyes and a heart that sees and values what he does. I didn't know what that would look like at the time, but shapes are coming into focus and I see broken humanity, in need of mercy, becoming beautiful at his loving touch. I hope you'll continue to travel with me on this journey to Love's heart. I'm blessed by so many of you to witness the journey Love has you on as we journey home together! What is God doing in your heart and life lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!