Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sister to Sister: Thanksgiving

Welcome to Sister to Sister! The opportunity for you to write words of truth and honesty that bring encouragement to other sisters. Feel free to link up a story, a lesson, a quote, a song or a scripture that's meaningful to you. Be creative, be expressive, be real.

"He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." Ephesians 4:16

Here's how it works:
* Every week I'll share a word I'm focusing on. If you'd like to join me in posting on that topic, wonderful. If not, link up with an encouraging post you'd like to share.

* Link up bellow and spread the love! Visit other sister's posts and let them know what their words mean to you!

*Grab the code for the Sister to Sister link up button from the sidebar to the right, or copy and past the graphic to the left linking this post to it, and invite others to join.

Are you ready? Join me this week in inspiring other women with your thoughts on:
Thanksgiving...
I have nothing original to say, but I join my voice with the chorus of praise rising heavenward! What an opportunity to join in the choreographed song of thanksgiving to our great God. What does the united shout of gratitude and worship, lifting from the mouths of God's people, look like from his vantage point? That's a sight I'd love to see! So won't you join with me in lifting up your praise to our gracious Father.

My family has so much to be thankful for this year. Here, in pictures, are just a few of the many gifts that have graced our lives.
Enjoying the gift of beauty, everywhere when we stoop to see.
Safety traveling long distances, with all our belongings, twice in one year.
 A new church fellowship, for better or worse, richer or poor, in sickness and in health. Beginning the adventure of linking our lives together.
 A princess who delights, and sometimes exhausts, her mommy and daddy.
 Enjoying another angle of God's expansive creativity, from Wyoming to Alabama God's glory is displayed.
 A home.
 Sweet sunshiney days spent together.

 A brother and a sister growing up together, learning love.
 Friendship blooming, God's gift to us in all it's forms.
Watching my little people grow up sheltered in the love of their father.

May the joy of a grateful heart bless you today and throughout the coming year! “Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.” Psalm 100:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!