Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, November 18, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Grow

It's time for five minutes of writing again. I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday. If you'd like to join in head over and check it out. Today we're writing on; Grow.

Go:

I watch tiny toes grow and press tight into pink cowgirl boots, snug beyond comfort now. Little boy arms reach past the end of sleeves, telling of the march to manhood. These babies I once held close and nursed refuse to stay small and whirl in a dance of growth before me. Every morning I see the change. Today a new talent, a new understanding, that wasn't there before.

These little ones hold up a mirror before my eyes. As they are growing in strength and stature, so am I. I look back to the young woman holding in wonder the bundle that had just birthed her own motherhood and I'm not her. Wonder of wonders those weak places are being shored up. My mind is being renewed.

The person I was five years ago couldn't love some of the people I'm loving now, couldn't have patiently waited on God's plan, couldn't have trusted as deeply. I look into my Father's eyes and I'm thankful for the hand that is teaching me to walk as I grow up.


"I myself taught Israel how to walk, leading him along by the hand. But he doesn’t know or even care that it was I who took care of him. I led Israel along with my ropes of kindness and love I lifted the yoke from his neck, and I myself stooped to feed him." Hosea 11:3-4

Stop

Can you see growth in your own life? Are you growing up into the person you hadn't imagined you could become but God knew all along you would be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!