Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, October 7, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Ordinary

I'm late but I'm finally joining the party, linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday. Today's word is: Ordinary.

"Ordinary: of no special quality or interest; commonplace; unexceptional. plain or undistinguished." 
 Dictionary.com
Life is ordinary moments set aflame by God's presence. String a lifetime of burning bush encounters together and a garland of faith, more brilliant than rubies, can adorn even the most ordinary of lives.
 Ordinary becomes extraordinary when reaching for the sky. Eyes lifting from the small and mundane forget self, awash in unearthly splendor. An invitation for God to dwell, in this ordinary moment.
 Ordinary things take on surprising beauty when seen through Love's eyes. An ordinary man, ordinary children, ordinary words, an ordinary home, ordinary hands, an ordinary cross of wood, an ordinary manger. Each one shimmers holy when seen from the right perspective.
 Flesh and bone, oxygen and water, each of us made of the same ordinary stuff. Dirt, such simple material to make a person from. Breath from the Most High, breathing life, set into motion the redeeming of all things ordinary.

How is God transforming your ordinary? Are you satisfied with ordinary? I confess it's easy for me to be satisfied and unchanged in my ordinariness. Let's ask him to shake us from our sleepy ways and be ignited by his glorious nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!