Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, September 2, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Rest

Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama affords opportunity every Friday to write. For five minutes, without worry, letting the words flow. I always find it to be a freeing, cleansing, illuminating practice. If you haven't before why not join in. Today the topic is - Rest.

Go:
Rest comes in the knowing, in the giving up. Quitting. No more my strength. Every whippoorwill and llama, whale and dragonfly is fed by a Mighty hand. Mountains stand secure in their cosmic place due to His ordaining. Tide rhythm compelled by his calling voice.
And I take my place in the order of things, in the knowing. Knowing I'm small and needy. Knowing He's always been and His words hold all together, even my life. Knowing there is so much more than this moment and my life is part of a divine painting of glory. Giving up demanding my way, asserting my will, expecting.
Rest comes in the falling back on arms so tender they comfort like a mother's love; yet strong, able to hold whirling galaxies in place. Rest comes in knowing He is God and I am not.
 Stop

{If you're new to my blog welcome! I invite you to read some of my other posts, you can find them under Top Posts and My Words About in the right hand sidebar. I hope leave encouraged and refreshed.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!