Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, September 9, 2011

Five Minute Friday: in real life

Linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday because it's what I love to do! Stop by her site and join in today. Also check out what she and her friends have hatched over at incourage. Today's topic; in real life.

Go:

Lines blur. What's real? In one relationship I touch her warm hand in a clasp of prayer, in another her words on the screen touch my heart. What is real? Certainly there are limits to one relationship and benefits to another. Each with a different set of challenges. But in life, on this earth, real and not real blur.

My thoughts have collided over this topic, online vs. face to face. The tricky thing is some of my relationships mingle both, are enhanced by the other.

For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. (Colossians 3:3-4) Is what we see even in real life real? Or do we need eyes that see deeper.

The woman speaking words of truth, born by the Spirit, that fall like music on my ear is my sister. And yet the woman, with fingers obedient, writing out words testifying to grace, holding out a gift is also my sister.

So sisters let us "hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." (Hebrews 10:23-25)  Whether with words in type challenging the embrace of holiness or sitting in a pew praising our Savior together let us hold onto and hold out hope.

Stop.

I celebrate the variety and beauty of sisters in my life, there are many a woman one day in eternity that I will see face to face, when my real life is reveled. And I will recognize her there by the light of Jesus reflected in her eyes because I recognized her here.

I've taken entirely too long on this post already but I wanted to share with you the Jesus light I found shining from the life of a new found sister today! You can read a her story of beauty here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!