Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The accountability of children


Yesterday I had fed Maggie and was cleaning her up. As I was wiping her sticky face she kept saying 'pay' over and over, I assumed she wanted to go play. I asked her "do you want to go play"? She lifted her little hands and said "pay, uh oh." So I asked her did we forget to pray and tell Jesus thank you? She grabbed my hands, squished her eyes shut, babbled something and said "amen"! My precious girl beamed up at me and ran off happily.

My children bring such conviction to my life. I know that every moment is an opportunity for instruction, habits matter, little eyes are always watching. When I see the priority of prayer, love for the word, even worship taking root in my children's hearts I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!