Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snow

We awoke to a soft blanket of snow... Hart Mountain white against a clean, blue sky (the view from our yard)...

I love the fluffy, white shapes snow makes when it covers ordinary objects...

I thought the antique car across from our house looked as if it were masked in snow and couldn't see where it was going...
The glow of Christmas lights under a layer of snow was charming...






4 comments:

  1. I just love a blanket of snow over the top of Christmas lights. Nothing like it. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. Looks like Cody got more snow then we did...and ours just blows all over so we usually don't know how much we get because part of our yard has huge drifts and the other is bare from all of the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful! We didn't get any here for Christmas and now I don't want any!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beck, the fluffy snow is so beautiful! Wow! I especially like the pic with the car in it- looks like a postcard. I loved your description of it. Glad you and the kids got to enjoy it!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I'm really missing the snow! We have gotten more rain than anything here in TN--I'd rather be snowed in than float away!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing you sweet comments!