Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trains and sitting
















Maggie is fascinated by Max's train set. This week Max and his friend Jacob set up his Thomas the train set in the living room and it provided a great deal of entertainment for all of them. She will just lay there and watch it go around and around. Yesterday when we had it set up she got a little bolder and snagged a couple of trains, we had a lot of fun. Actually as I write this she's in the bedroom watching the trains again. She's also getting to be a little sitter. She sits on her own really well but will occasionally topple over, especially when she reaches for something. We're borrowing a friends boppy and she sits in that nicely. She's more interested in books than I remember Max being at this age and we have fun looking at them together. She's growing fast, changing daily. I wasn't sure how the big age gap as well as gender difference would work with Max but I've been quite pleased. He's a big help and really loves his sister. Already she provides a lot of entertainment and companionship and I hope in the years to come they will develop a deep love for each other.

3 comments:

  1. Oooo-weeee. Now you've just got to work on swallowing that drool!
    -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Max and Maggie will develop a deep bond between them. They have a great start with wonderful parents!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all need to come to Georgia. With all the drool, you could end the drought! :o)

    They will be buddies all their lives.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing you sweet comments!