Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, January 27, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Tender

I love Gypsy Mama Fridays and the chance to write free flowing words for Five Minutes. If you haven't tried it give it a shot! You can enjoy Lisa-Jo's words and the words of others here. Today's prompt: Tender.

Go:
A gruff and growly old mustache. But he didn't fool me. Under the shell made tough by the world and fear, there beat a teddy bear heart. At once protecting and loving.

The nurture of my heart and mind took shape at his tender hands. Worlds of understanding and possibility opened in warm wide vistas.

Life isn't always gentle and kind but true love tenders hope and a kindredness that cheers. Even in the lean years, in the difficult climbs, broad shoulders bent to look blue eyed love into mine.

We are one, cut from the same cloth, fighting the same dragons, following the same melody. Tender bond stretching across miles.
Me and Daddy on my wedding day.

Daddy meeting my daughter Maggie.

Stop.

The prompt for today's writing, tender, immediately brought my Daddy to mind. That probably isn't the first word people would use to describe him. Intelligent, strong, hard worker, creative, determined, maybe even gruff might come to mind first. But I'm his daughter and I've seen his heart in ways others haven't. Bridges have been mended and grace has filled in the cracks of our lives. The tender moments are what my heart holds on to. And all those moments have paved the way of trust in my heavenly Father.

Where have you found tenderness in your life? Perhaps it came from someone unexpected. I'd love to hear your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!