Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, April 3, 2009

Reflections of Spring



It's snowing again today, I really don't need to elaborate. Anyhow, I was organizing some of my pictures last night and came across these. I took them around Easter three years ago. We were living at the time with dear friends in Bellbrook Ohio. Their yard was an amazing canvas God used to display his glory in brilliant ways every season. I loved living in their cottage nestled in the woods, it was a magical place! Truly some of my most intimate and powerful times with Jesus happened in that tranquil yard.

So, even though today it's a long way from the triumphant rebirth of spring here in Cody, I'm holding on to the promise. Maybe one reason I love spring so much is how it echos the joy of my own heart's rebirth.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Babe! I'm praying for you. Even in the green, flowers spring, birdies sing, South we are still having to hold hands with old man winter. Down to 38 tonight and snow flurries on Tuesday. We even had to cover the lettuce and onions, but I'm like you, it's spring in my heart and around the corner.

    M

    P.S. I kinda' feel sorry for ole' arid, cold, flat, barren, dirty, dry,sparse, empty, treeless Wyoming as far as you are concerned; Georgia and Ohio are hard acts to follow. I loved Mike's and Terri's beautiful (!) woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid my standards are set pretty high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep holding on, Beck. Spring will peek out soon, and when it does, you'll drink it all in. It's comin'... I pray it gets there in a hurry.

    K

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing you sweet comments!