Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

I'm thankful for a gorgeous fall Sunday with my wee ones! They raked a 'pile' of leaves to jump in and delighted in throwing them at each other. I'm thankful for brother and sister love, I see the beginning seeds of community growing in their fresh hearts. They stretch my heart from the small, tight thing it can be. Rubbing me hard with their need, I learn patience and I'm faced with my deficit of kindness daily. Oh how my heart swells with their laughter, bursting with hope for joy to always flow from their hearts.

These are the things I'm thankful for at this moment. My life full of swirling childhood, time shared with a variety of dear friends, sunshine splashing bright, fiery red sunsets, stinging words of truth from a faithful husband, Holy Spirit sight, music that tells the story of love with haunting beauty, stacked boxes standing ready to open to a new life.





This week we're packing up the remnants of a wait, loading a truck, and driving to a new adventure. Because of the temporary upheaval that brings I will most likely be posting sporadically for the next couple of weeks. On Thursday, my usual blog hop day, we'll be loading the truck. So I won't be posting then, but I encourage you to link up with Grace Cafe on Thursday. 

As this week dawns with fresh mercy, I hope you embrace it arms wide! With fear cast aside in exchange for trust, hope and joy turning your steps into a dance, the sunlight of love playing across your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!